For the past one hundred years, Emily Post has been America’s definitive source for how to navigate—and enhance—every social interaction. In an increasingly diverse and intersectional world, the need for a trusted primer on how to put people at ease and treat others with confidence and kindness has never been greater.
Lizzie Post and Daniel Post Senning—the great-great grandchildren of Emily Post and co-presidents of The Emily Post Institute—provide a fully updated and relatable guide. From advice on entertaining, table manners, and using titles and pronouns, to personal and professional communication etiquette, this stylish and essential reference provides thoughtful guidance on how to do it all well. Rooted in a foundation of consideration, respect, and honesty, this edition continues the Post family legacy of upholding traditions while moving forward with the times. The book covers:
- Etiquette classics like table manners, gift-giving, thank-you notes, greetings and introductions, and everyday conversation
- How to be a good host and a good guest, from handling invitations and setting yourself up for success to plus-ones and dealing with mishaps
- Tech etiquette including video meetings, parties and classes, and how to politely handle devices, home security, and AI
- Managing hard times, from what to say (and what not to say), to the tradition of condolence notes and how to offer support following a death, miscarriage, or tragedy
- Tipping practices in the age of rideshares, tough times, and ever-prominent payment screens.
This book also includes handy reference guides for each chapter that make it easy to find the Posts’ most searched for content, like a gender-free attire guide, a soup-to-nuts entertaining chart, sample invitations, and more.
With Emily Post’s Etiquette, The Centennial Edition you’ll have everything you need to build successful relationships in all aspects of life as you move through your world with confidence and ease.