Collection Care: An Illustrated Handbook for the Care and Handling of Cultural Objects provides a solid overview of basic collection care procedures and policies.
The topics covered address the decision making criteria and risk assessment solutions involved in the best practices for handling art and artifacts. Technical subjects will cover proven techniques, materials, equipment and address problem solving assessment and current solutions. The comprehensive overview of staff responsibilities, relationships and training will bring the book to a conclusion of addressing the unison of all professionals responsible for proper handling and caring for collections.
- This book provides both visual and narrative descriptions of current best practices for caring for collection objects.
- Emphasis is placed on risk assessment in the decision-making process with proven, accepted technical methods and materials.
- Detailed coverage of technical methods and methodologies for principles of proper handling, transport, and storage or two and three dimensional objects.
- Chapters will cover the institutional structure for managing, hiring, training both full and part time staff responsible for safely handling and caring of collection objects.
- 100 photographs, figures, and charts provide overall directions for collection care, preventive maintenance, and proper handling of objects.